December 2016 Asia ACT writing essay prompt
Preparing for the Future
The future is uncertain. Some go to great lengths to command greater control of their environment and surroundings to gain a greater sense of predictability. In the end, what tomorrow brings can never be guaranteed. Then why do we devote so much time and effort preparing for it? Why not enjoy the present? As no one is guaranteed a certain outcome of the future, it's worth examining the value we place on planning the future.
Read and carefully consider these perspectives. Each suggests a particular way of thinking about the impact of the trend towards preparing for the future.
We shouldn't waste our youth on a future that is unpredictable. Instead, we should enjoy every opportunity in our daily life.
The future is uncertain.It is exactly why the preparation for the future at present is valuable.It reduces risk.
Our future unfolds according to a simple fate.Our planning for the future is to create a comfortable illusion of life.
Write a unified, coherent essay about the impact of the trend towards preparing for the future. In your essay, be sure to:
- clearly state your own perspective on the issue and analyze the relationship between your perspective and at least one other perspective
- develop and support your ideas with reasoning and examples
- organize your ideas clearly and logically
- communicate your ideas effectively in standard written English
Your perspective may be in full agreement with any of those given, in partial agreement, or completely different.
- April 2018 Form 31E ACT Writing Test Prompt
- New ACT writing essay prompt: Declining Event Attendance
- New ACT writing essay prompt: Vocational Education
- New ACT writing essay prompt: Free Music
- September 2016 ACT writing essay prompt
- September 2016 ACT Asia writing essay prompt
- June 2016 ACT writing essay prompt
- April 2016 Form 73E ACT writing essay prompt
- April 2016 Form 73E ACT writing essay prompt Asia
- December 2017 Form 30P ACT Writing Test Prompt